In a lawsuit, one of the parties must always lose. Although you believe you are entitled to win, the judge or arbitrator may rule against you. Therefore, parties to a small claims action are encouraged to settle their cases whenever possible. You should seriously consider a reasonable offer of settlement.

If the case is settled before the day of trial and the parties do not wish to appear, both parties should notify the court in writing.If a case is settled but the money has not been paid, or if settlement talks are moving forward but are not completed, the claimant may wish to appear in court, so that the case is not dismissed, and ask the judge for an “adjournment pending settlement.” A new date will then be set for a hearing/trial. If the settlement does not work out, both parties should appear in court on the new adjourned date prepared to proceed.

For more information serving legal papers visit www.undisputedlegal.com or call 1.800.774.6922 for a free quote.  Open Monday-Friday 8am.-8pm.  “When you want it done right the first time” contact undisputedlegal.com #Settlement #CivilCourt #SmallClaimCourt

Screen Shot 2015-03-16 at 2.41.59 PM

Like us on Facebook to get exclusive deals.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s