Department of Agriculture and Markets– regulatory authority includes the issuing of permits for and licensing of:

  • manufacturers, wholesalers and handlers of frozen desserts;
  • dealers, brokers and commercial merchants for the sale of farm products;
  • milk dealers;
  • retail food establishments;
  • nurseries and greenhouses;
  • food processing establishments;
  • refrigerated warehouses, locker plants and fresh foods;
  • operators of purebred dog kennels;
  • anyone who deals in, handles or transports domestic animals, or operates a livestock auction.

Division of Alcoholic Beverage Control- issues licenses and permits for the manufacture, distribution and sale of alcoholic beverages within the State.

Banking Department-the primary regulator for state-licensed and state-charteredfinancial entities, including domestic banks, foreign agencies, branches and representative offices, savings institutions and trust companies, mortgage bankers and brokers, check cashiers, money transmitters and licensed lenders. The Department also enforces laws and policies dealing with consumer credit and other financial services, the prevention of illegal lending and other consumer abuses.

Commission on Cable Television– issues confirmation certificates for new franchises, renews franchises and terminates franchises.

Education Department– licenses certain trade and businesses, as well as computer- training facilities throughout the State. It registers all post-secondary educational programs.  The Education Department also licenses approximately thirty professions, including the following:

  • Physicians and physician’s assistants
  • Physical therapists
  • Dentists and dental hygienists
  • Optometrists
  • Chiropractors
  • Veterinarians
  • Pharmacists
  • Accountants
  • Interior designers
  • Nurses
  • Podiatrists
  • Engineers
  • Acupuncturists
  • Architects
  • Psychologists
  • Social workers
  • Teachers

Department of Environmental Conservation – principal regulatory programs include: water and air pollution control; radioactive waste control; solid and hazardous waste management; waste transport; mining; public water supply; dams; and protection of freshwater and tidal wetlands, streams and navigable waters. The Department also regulates mining and the extraction and underground storage of gas and oil.

Insurance Department – issues licenses and permits, conducts examinations and administers fines relating to insurance companies, agents, brokers and adjusters, consultants, reinsurance intermediaries and bail bondsmen.

Judicial Branch

Four Departments of the Appellate Division – conduct proceedings to admit, suspend or disbar attorneys who wish to practice or are practicing law in New York State courts.

Department of Labor – has regulatory jurisdiction in the areas of employee safety and health, employee earnings, and employee coverage under unemployment insurance; issues licenses for asbestos operations, crane operators, explosives and blasting companies and amusement park rides.

Division of the Lottery– licenses sellers of lottery tickets.

Department of Motor Vehicles – regulates the registration and titling of motor vehicles and issues driver’s licenses.

The Department also licenses or registers:

  • Inspection stations
  • Driving schools and instructors
  • Repair shops
  • Dealers and transporters
  • The vehicle salvage industry
  • Snowmobiles, all-terrain vehicles, motorboats

Public Service Commission– has the power of general supervision of all gas, electric, and waterworks corporations, and telephone and telegraph lines. Approves rates for privately owned gas, electric, steam, telephone, telegraph, radio telephone and waterworks corporations.

Racing and Wagering Board– issues licenses to owners, trainers, assistant trainers, jockeys, drivers, jockey’s agents, veterinarians, farriers, grooms and race track employees involved in thoroughbred, harness and quarter horse racing. The Board also issues licenses required to conduct a race meeting with pari-mutual wagering, issues licenses to suppliers and renters of bingo and games-of- chance equipment, and issues identification numbers to those conducting games-of-chance, raffle or bingo operations. It also regulates off-track betting facilities and casinos.

Department of Social Services– regulates residential foster care of children, day care facilities for children and adults, special care homes for unwed mothers and victims of domestic violence and workshops for the blind.

Department of Taxation and Finance– issues licenses to wholesale dealers of cigarettes and state lottery ticket vendors.

The Department is also responsible for the registration of:

  • Alcoholic beverage distributors
  • Motor fuel distributors
  • Diesel motor fuel retailers and bulk purchasers
  • Owners of diesel motor vehicles
  • Flea market promoters
  • Vendors required to collect sales tax
  • Organizations exempt from sales tax

Department of Transportation– regulates railroads, bus, and moving and trucking companies. The Department also grants licenses to public utility companies for real estate rights on Department-controlled property.

Department of State– issues licenses to the real estate and cosmetology industries, private investigators and notaries.

For more information court service visit or call 1.800.774.6922 for a free quote.  Open Monday-Friday 8am.-8pm.  “When you want it done right the first time” contact

Screen Shot 2015-03-16 at 2.41.59 PM

Like us on Facebook to get exclusive deals.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s