The judgment debtor must receive sufficient proof that the judgment is paid in full (or “satisfied”).  The judgment creditor should then notify the Small Claims Court, and any court that a transcript of judgment has been filed in, that the judgment has been satisfied. If the judgment was paid through an execution, the enforcement officer will file the satisfied execution with the clerk of the court from which it was issued. The enforcement officer will also mail a copy to the judgment debtor. The judgment creditor is still responsible for notifying the court that the judgment is satisfied. Failure to provide notice of satisfaction in a timely manner may result in penalties.

For more information locating assets visit www.undisputedlegal.com or call 1.800.774.6922 for a free quote.  Open Monday-Friday 8am.-8pm.  “When you want it done right the first time” contact undisputedlegal.com. #locatingassets #smallclaimscourt

Screen Shot 2015-03-16 at 2.41.59 PM

Like us on Facebook to get exclusive deals.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s