What if I can’t come to court on the date I was given and need a new date?

You can’t call the court to get a new date no matter what the reason. You can ask the tenant to agree to a new date. If the tenant agrees, get this in writing and bring it to the Court Clerk before your original court date.

If the tenant won’t agree to a new court date:

  • write a letter to the Judge or get an affidavit of unavailability from the Clerk to explain

why you can’t be there and bring it and copies of any papers that explain why you can’t come (plane ticket, hospital appointment slip) to the Court Clerk before the court date, or

  • send someone to court on your court date to tell the Judge why you can’t be there.

Warning! If you send someone to court, or write a letter, the Judge may not agree to give you a new date and you may lose the case.

For more information on eviction service visit www.undisputedlegal.com or call 1.800.774.6922 for a free quote.  Open Monday-Friday 8am.-8pm.  “When you want it done right the first time” contact undisputedlegal.com #eviction

Screen Shot 2015-03-16 at 2.41.59 PM

Like us on Facebook to get exclusive deals.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s